Package includes an Interest Checking Account and Citi Savings account upon opening.
Or call us at 1-800-ALL-CITI
With Citi Savings You Get
Have Questions or Want to Apply by Phone?Call 1-800-ALL-CITI
To Open a Citi Savings Account
Your savings account will be opened within a package that determines interest rates, balance requirements, benefits and more.
Already a Citi banking customer? Sign on to apply and add a Citi Savings account to your existing banking package.
Not yet a banking customer? Explore our package tiers and apply below.
- Citi Savings Details
- Why Citi?
Link your Citi Savings account to a Citi checking account or another non-Citi account to start transferring funds and saving toward your goals.
Use Auto Save to set up recurring automatic transfers from your linked checking account.
Link your Citi Savings account to your Citibank Account, Citi Priority or Citigold® Checking Account and you could earn additional Citi ThankYou® Rewards Points.2,7
Get Overdraft Protection
Sign up for Safety Check to use your Citi Savings account to cover overdrafts.3,9
Make Your Opening Deposit
Open your new Citi Savings account with a minimum opening deposit of just $100.
Waive Your Monthly Service Fee
Opening a Citi Savings account in a Basic or Access Account package? Maintain an average monthly balance of $500 to waive your $4.50 monthly service fee.
No matter which package you choose, link your accounts for an easier way to meet balance requirements and avoid monthly fees.
Open Your Savings Account in a Package That Fits Your Needs
Your Citi Savings account will be opened as a part of a Citi banking package. These packages help determine your interest rates, monthly minimum balance requirements, benefits and more. Choose from the following 5 packages.
It only takes 10 minutes. Just have a valid ID and your Social Security number ready.
INVESTMENT AND INSURANCE PRODUCTS: NOT INSURED BY THE FDIC • NOT INSURED BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OR ANY OTHER FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY, BY THE BANK, OR BY ANY AFFILIATE OF THE BANK • NOT A DEPOSIT OR OTHER OBLIGATION OF, OR GUARANTEED BY, THE BANK OR AN AFFILIATE OF THE BANK • SUBJECT TO INVESTMENT RISK, INCLUDING POSSIBLE LOSS OF THE PRINCIPAL INVESTED
Terms, conditions and fees for accounts, products, programs and services are subject to change.
1. Check writing capability is not available for Citi® Savings accounts opened in the Access Account Package.
2. Separate enrollment of eligible consumer checking account in Citi ThankYou® Rewards required. Eligible customers with a checking account in the Citi Private Bank Account, Citigold Account, Citi Priority Account or The Citibank Account Packages can enroll their checking accounts in ThankYou Rewards. Eligibility and participation are subject to terms, conditions and restrictions. Customer must be a citizen or resident alien of the United States (U.S.) with a valid U.S. taxpayer identification number. Taxes, if any, are customer's responsibility. You must complete 1 qualifying Bill Payment and 1 qualifying Direct Deposit each statement period in order to earn monthly ThankYou® Points for eligible products and services linked to your checking account. Citigold®, Citi Priority and Citi Private Bank clients who do not complete these transaction requirements can earn points at a reduced level. You can earn Points for only one (1) eligible product or service within any particular category per statement period. For more details, see the Citi ThankYou® Rewards Terms and Conditions.
3. Citibank will charge an Overdraft Protection Transfer Fee of $10 on the day overdrafts are covered by transferring money from your Safety Check Contributing Account, Checking Plus line of credit account or your Checking Plus® (variable rate) line of credit account. The Overdraft Protection Transfer Fee will be charged to the checking account that receives the transfer. This fee is waived for Citigold® Account Package, Citi Priority Account Package, Access Account Package (as of July 18, 2014, new checkless Regular Checking Accounts in an Access Account Package cannot have a linked Checking Plus (variable rate) line of credit account) and Citi Private Bank customers. Overdrafts and Overdraft Protection Transfer Fees can be avoided if fund transfers are taken in advance via online, phone or ATM. Rates as of 01/30/2018. Current variable Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Checking Plus (variable rate) line of credit is 19.50%; 16.50% variable APR with the Citigold Account Package and the Citi Priority Account Package. If you are in default, your variable APR may increase by 2.00%.
4. Citigold provides clients access to enhanced levels of services and benefits from Citibank, N.A. ("Citibank") and its affiliates in the U.S. Citibank provides banking and lending services including The Citigold Account Package. Citi Personal Wealth Management, a business of Citigroup Inc., offers investment products through Citigroup Global Markets Inc. ("CGMI"), member SIPC. Citigroup Life Agency LLC ("CLA") offers insurance products. In California, CLA does business as Citigroup Life Insurance Agency, LLC (License Number 0G56746). Citigold Relationship Managers and Private Client Relationship Managers are employees of Citibank, N.A. and are employees and registered representatives of CGMI. Citibank, CGMI and CLA are affiliated companies under the common control of Citigroup Inc. Citi, Citi and Arc Design and other marks used herein are service marks of Citigroup Inc. or its affiliates, used and registered throughout the world.
5. Requires a checking account in a Citigold Account Package. Accounts are subject to approval.
6. Citi Personal Wealth Management, a business of Citigroup Inc., offers investment products through Citigroup Global Markets Inc. ("CGMI"), member SIPC.
7. Requires a checking account in a Citigold or Citi Priority Account Package. Accounts are subject to approval.
8. Fees charged by other institutions for your transactions on non-Citibank ATMs are beyond Citibank's control and are in addition to the fees listed here.
9. Due to Federal regulation, you can only make 6 transfers out of each of your savings or money market account(s) during any statement period.
10. Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is accurate as of 06/19/2018 and applies only to accounts opened through this Web site or by calling 1-800-374-9500. Rates are subject to change without notice and the rates on accounts other than a certificate of deposit (CD) may vary after the account is opened. A penalty will be applied for early withdrawal of principal from a CD. Click product name for details. Deposit products are offered by Citibank, N.A., Member FDIC.